Saturday, March 2, 2013

Recently Read Books: The Creatures that Time Forgot


The Creatures that Time Forgot by Ray Bradbury (science fiction)
I read this because my brother wanted me to. J I loved Ray Bradbury’s book Dandelion Wine (SO good), but this book was nothing like it. Bradbury is well known for his science fiction, so I guess it’s high time I read from his real genre. J  This is a short book/story about a planet where the people-creatures there have a lifespan of only seven days. The main character refuses to use his lifespan for merely his own pleasure; he risks everything trying to find a way to get more time for all. My favorite quote was: “It reminds me that there is something better, something I have missed! Why can’t we be ignorant? Why can’t we live and die without knowing that this is an abnormal living?” True, it’s good not to be satisfied with abnormal living. J

No comments:

Post a Comment