Saturday, March 16, 2013

Some of My Top Favorite Books


---A few of my favorite books of all time, from the top of my head (that means I am not looking at my bookshelves (since most of them are in America), so I will probably forget many other favorites L). I guess these books would be ones that shaped my thinking in seismic ways, or touched me to the core of my soul. J

Crossing to Safety by Wallace Stegner (fiction)

Death Comes for the Archbishop by Willa Cather  (historical fiction)

A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens (historical fiction)

In the Arena by Isobel Kuhn (biography)

Dinner at the Homesick Restaurant by Anne Tyler (fiction)

Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury (fiction)

Hannah Coulter by Wendell Barry (fiction)

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee (fiction)

Peace Like a River by Leif Enger (fiction)

Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss (spiritual/fiction)

Evidence Not Seen by Darlene Diebler Rose (biography)

Hind’s Feet on High Places by Hannah Hurnard  (allegory)

Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azur Nafizi  (nonfiction)

Cross-Cultural Conflict by Duane Elmer (nonfiction)

Cross-Cultural Servant hood by Duane Elmer (nonfiction)

The Valley of Vision (devotional/Puritan prayers)

                               What are the books that have shaped you?

2 comments:

  1. I remember reading a Tale of Two Cities over and over when I was younger! Great list of books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TO2C is such a great story :-) Lemme know if you have some good reads to recommend; I remember when y'all used to live down the road from the best book flea market in Tennessee!

    ReplyDelete